Monday, January 9, 2012

Forgot to marinate the steaks and hit a homerun

MMMMM.... Dinner, or as Mr. put it "you really hit a home run with that one." Seriously, a complement on a meal that didn't contain any starches or grains? I. am. floored. I do have to take some credit where credit is deserved. Initially dinner was going to be some eye of round steaks but I forgot to marinate them, so they will have to wait. Instead I made this...

Meatballs with a vegetable medley over spinach and spaghetti squash.

First the meatballs,

 Preheat oven to 325

2lbs Grass fed beef
1tsp oregano
1tsp sweet basil leaf
1tsp salt

Mold into 1 1/2 diameter balls ( about 1 oz a piece)

I have a very hard time not eating this raw, so good.

Veggie Medley

Time to clean out the veggie drawer!!!

I used...

1 zuchinni
1/2 onion
4 oz of mushroom
1/2 red pepper
2 cloves of garlic
4 tbsp coconut oil
salt and sweet basil to taste

Saute onions first then set aside and do the rest of the veggies ('cept broccoli and garlic).  Set that with the onions and do the broccoli. When ready to serve throw it all together and add garlic. Make sure not to over do the garlic.

Don't forget the spaghetti squash and raw spinach. If you put the raw spinach on the bottom and layer the rest on top it will cook the spinach just a bit making it the perfect texture.

Not to make you crave pasta or anything but this is what the kids had...

Gluten free ravioli

My 15 year old and I have been gluten free for about 10 years and this is the first time she has been able to have ravioli. She was beyond excited and managed to eat 90% of the package herself. @nd daughter got the other 10%. They also had a blueberry treat. The company is called Maninis and their ingredients are impressive. No nasty oils like canola, only ancient grains. We don't eat a bunch of grains in our house but if we did I wouldn't feel bad about serving this stuff. Check out their website and see for yourself, good stuff.


1 comment:

  1. Looks so good. I am doing the whole 30 starting next week and will add this to my list.